What plan have you got in place?
No matter whether you are a CEO, MD, Manager, Supervisor or Team Leader you should always have a plan of action of what you want and how you are going to get it.
The most effective leaders have:
- A business plan – where we are going and why
- An operating plan – how we are going to get there
- A change plan – how we are going to manage change
Of course there are going to be financial plans etc, but you as a leader should be concerned with these three plans no matter what business, team or department you are in. You need to know the where, the how and the impact.
So, the questions I have for you are simple:
- What is your business plan?
- What effect is it having?
- What changes to your plan are needed?