We are often asked about the benefits of coaching and recently came across a survey carried out by Manchester Inc.
The survey of 100 executives, mostly from Fortune 1000 companies, concludes that a company’s investment in providing coaching to its executives realised an average return on investment (ROI) of almost six times the cost of the coaching.
Corporate benefits received:
- delivered an average ROI of 5.7 times the initial investment
- executive productivity improvements (reported by 53% of executives)
- retaining executives who received coaching (32%)
Personal benefits to the coached executive:
- direct report and supervisor relationship improvements (greater than 70%)
- teamwork (67%)
- working relationships with peers (63%)
Seems like they said coaching worked for them!